Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fergie Said I Should Go - Beckham

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 150
الموقع : https://dreamsisland.yoo7.com
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Fergie Said I Should Go - Beckham Empty
PostSubject: Fergie Said I Should Go - Beckham   Fergie Said I Should Go - Beckham Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 4:06 pm

David Beckham has revealed that it was Sir Alex Ferguson who decided he should leave Manchester United in 2003...

Fergie Said I Should Go - Beckham 22124_news

Beckham left Old Trafford amidst much controversy and rumours of bad relations between him and manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Many felt that Beckham engineered his own exit in order to continue his career at Real Madrid, but Beckham has now spoken out against those rumours.

"I read Bobby Charlton's book that says I was offered a contract, and that the figures offered were very fair. At that moment, I hadn't been offered any new contract at Man United," he stated.

"Sky Sports were at one of our games, and I was stood next to Gary Neville and I'd heard rumours other teams were interested in me.

"But I never thought it would happen and I remember turning to Gary on the pitch and saying, 'They've had talks', because I'd heard Man United had had talks with Barcelona.

"Sky lip-read it wrong because they said I was saying, 'I've had talks'. I'd never spoken to anyone at that moment."

So was it all down to a simple miscommunication in that moment? Beckham went on to recall the moment he knew his time was up with the Red Devils.

"The only time I spoke to Real Madrid was after I phoned up [then Chief Executive] Peter Kenyon and said, 'Can I speak to the manager? I need to know, is this what the manager wants?'" recollected Beckham.

"And he said, 'Yeah, it's time for you to go', and I was like, 'OK', and that was the first day I spoke to Florentino Perez at Real Madrid."

Beckham spent the following four seasons at the Madrid giants. He impressed on the pitch but the team was in turmoil; things only came together for the London-born midfielder once he had already agreed to leave the club for LA Galaxy last winter."

Goal.com
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsisland.yoo7.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: internationals Forum :: English Forum :: sport news and vidios-
Jump to: